Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lexus Remote Touch



The Lexus Remote Touch knob is the best new feature I've seen on the crop of 2010 vehicles that are making their extremely early debuts this spring. Using it was instantly intuitive, and the positioning of the knob itself was absolutely perfect. I didn't have to stretch my arm, contort my wrist or do any funny maneuvers to make an adjustment. It was exactly where my hand would rest naturally.

And it's a lot like a mouse, so the motion is familiar. Especially with the "enter" buttons on the right and left of the knob. If some of the other luxury automakers could pay attention, that would be swell. I just hopped into the BMW 750 today, and while I tweeted that the new iDrive doesn't completely suck, it's still not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment