Friday, September 4, 2009

Prius Fuel Challenge: Leg 4

OK, so this is it. My last chance to guzzle fuel in the 2010 Prius.

How did it go? Not well.

First of, in my defense, driving through Morton Grove is like driving through Fort Knox. There literally was a cop on every corner, so I was stuck at the 30 mph speed limit. And I didn't think erratic speeding up to a red light or stop sight would win me any points either. So, I was in power mode, windows down and low gear until I got to the highway. I kept the mpgs down around 34.

But once I got on the highway the mpg numbers started inching up. I would accelerate hard, speed for a couple miles and do it all again.

To no avail.

The results?

Total miles traveled in the day: 40.3
Final MPG: 35.9

The conclusion?

If I can't get the mileage below 30, I'm guess you won't either.

Next up? What's the best mileage this lead foot can get?

No comments:

Post a Comment