Monday, June 1, 2009

Reaction to GM's Bankruptcy

So, my tweet this morning, which ended up on my facebook page, got some good response from my facebook friends. And I wanted to share in the hopes of getting more comments ... so, read and respond! Here's the stream ... names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Jill Ciminillo wonders how you feel about the fact that the government will have a 60 percent stake in GM after the bankruptcy.


Kermit the Frog at 8:19am June 1
I'm concerned that Government Motors is going to try and force unpopular small cars on a public that will not be willing to buy them.

I'm also worried about the death of any exciting vehicles. I have NO desire to drive joyless transportation pods.

The Cookie Monster at 8:25am June 1
I didn't realize GM had been putting forth any really exciting vehicles lately - or certainly not any that are actually on the showroom floor.

Big Bird at 9:15am June 1
No, GM doesn't have anything as exciting as Toyota! Corvettes are boring and with all that HP and only getting about 26mpg, highway. I'd rather have an EXCITING Camry. A Cadillac CTS-V, all 556 horses were SO BORING when I launched it to 60 in 3.9 seconds... (That's a sedan, a car with 4 doors) Again, I was dreaming of driving an Avalon! The new ... Read MoreCamaro SS was so boring, too. Especially launching it to 120mph at the track and only having to brake so I could stay on pavement. Honestly, I was left pining for a Solara... sigh

Big Bird at 9:45am June 1
And, Jill... don't like it but what can you do? I have an even bigger issue with the UAW having .1% of them.

Snuffaluffagus at 10:26am June 1
Will never buy another GM or Chrysler product. They have taken enough of my money already. Most of their cars are foreign made anyways. I will stick with my more American Toyota.

Miss Piggy at 10:46am June 1
I think it's sad. But the American people don't care about supporting our own economy, and this is what it comes down to. It trickles down to all the "Made in China" junk people buy as well instead of forking over a few extra bucks for something made in the U.S. I do like the new Camaro. I still miss my old one.

Big Bird at 11:39am June 1
I'm all for a free market. But buy based on facts, not untruths. It's a fact, GM's dealer network has created a lot of unsatisfied customers. I've seen the good and the bad over my lifetime. It's also a fact that they have plenty of good product in the showroom, TODAY. My bigger fear is, this Wal-Mart America we live in, looks an awful lot like Germany in the early 30's. Marching straight down a path to self-destruction. The difference being, our government can't bail us out of this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment