Friday, March 27, 2009

I couldn't see the speedometer, officer



Luckily, I haven't been pulled over for speeding in the last six or seven years (knock on wood). But, I often wonder if the cop would accept that I didn't know how fast I was going because the steering wheel was covering the speedometer.

This is an unfortunate event that happens in many test cars as I pull the steering wheel down for a more comfortable driving position. The top of the the wheel, as pictured above, the cuts across the top of the gauges, severely limiting my ability to see how fast i'm going.

And in a car like the Nissan Maxima, you just want to go fast because it's fun. Then you're going 70 or 80 before you know it. I'm hoping I won't have to ask this question of Chicago's Finest any time soon ... but here's to hoping they'll have a little understanding for my position (literally), if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment