Friday, March 6, 2009

Knobs vs. buttons

I never realized this could be an issue. But, I want a knob for my volume. I've been in the Mitsubishi Outlander for a couple days, and every time I want to turn up the volume, I reach over to the center stack to twirl a dial that isn't there, and I find myself grasping at air. Every time.

I know this is a feature I would get used to. Pressing an up or down button. However, I would miss the convenience of the dial. Really. Reach over and twirl, and the volume goes up or down six or seven levels in one fell swoop. In a second. But reaching over for the button, you have to press, press, press, press, press, press, press, press ... to get it to the appropriate level.

So, all I have to say is: Bring back the dial!

1 comment:

  1. With everything else feeling digital, I would prefer to keep the buttons rather than have the knob that clicks. That never felt right.

    ReplyDelete